NOW HIRING! Administrative Officer
Seeking a full-time experienced professional to provide administrative support to the President & CEO, as well as handle the day-to-day general administration of a busy nonprofit. OCF employs a team of 10 staff members plus 30-60 full-time community service interns who, together with hundreds of trained volunteers, provide an array of environmental action and education services to benefit neighborhoods, parks, schools, agencies, businesses and residents.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist in the recording and processing of invoices, receipts and payments.
- Provide support to the contract accounting group.
- Administer the petty cash system and ensure appropriate record keeping.
- Prepare and track contracts for suppliers when needed.
- Maintain general administration filing system – physical and electronic files.
- Provide support related to facility management, including security and cleaning services.
- Prepare and process HR-related paperwork, including personnel file documents, timesheets, EDD communications, and employee benefits.
- Prepare and process insurance paperwork for fleet and general liability.
- Oversee purchase of office supplies and equipment.
- • With assistance from staff, oversee the set-up and operation of computers, copiers, IT lines, and phones, including vendor communications.
- Make recommendations for purchasing decisions and vendor selections.
- Work alongside other staff to contribute to the development of Our City Forest.
- Ensure OCF policies and best practices are adhered to, including health and safety, equal opportunities and customer care, at all times.
- Schedule meetings and conference calls for President & CEO as needed.
- Prepare drafts of letters and make phone calls for President & CEO as needed.
- Copy and distribute reports and documents for President & CEO as needed.
- Assist in preparation of meeting agendas and record minutes for OCF meetings as needed for President & CEO.
- Conduct research regarding administrative or program items, as requested, such as comparing insurance plan costs or updating statistics for presentations.
- Bachelors degree
- 3 years of previous full-time general administrative or program administration experience
- 1 year of bookkeeping support, A/R & A/P, and familiarity with accounting procedures
- Advanced proficiency in Word and Excel; desired skill: PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent grammatical skills.
- Ability and experience juggling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Works well as a team member as well as ability to take initiative independently.
- Enjoys office environment exclusively, as opposed to working outdoors
- Experience working with nonprofits and volunteers providing community-based services
- A passion and commitment to OCF’s mission and interest in environmental issues
- 40-hour full-time position with medical benefits; part-time of 30 to 37 hours per week negotiable.
- Annual salary negotiable based on years of experience and breadth/depth of skills.
- 3 work-related references required.