Help us Grow.
The Community Nursery is accepting in-kind donations year round.
Lumber, hardware, and building materials in good condition
Hand and power tools in working condition
Gravel, flagstone, stepping stones, pavers, fill sand, and baserock
Nursery containers/supplies in good condition
Bamboo/wooden stakes in good condition
Strawbale Hut or Yurt (we have the design planned, help us fund and build!)
Cardboard (large pieces)
NOTE: We generally do not pickup material unless it is in large quantities or highly desired. We prefer if you can drop material at nursery during our Open Hours 9a - 12p or by appointment.
We also accept trees and plants on a limited basis. Please email us a list of species with descriptions and photos. Donated plant material must meet the following condition and acceptance is at the nursery manager's discretion:
- Donated stock must be identified (as a known species and/or cultivar) and pest/disease free.
- In most cases, the plant must already be growing in a container, and not recently dug out of the landscape.
- Trees must be less than 3/4" in trunk diameter/caliper and less than 6' tall.
- Perennials, grasses, shrubs that can be divided.
- Cuttings and seeds of identified species must have known collection location and/or source.
We do not accept: Redwoods, Oaks, Mayten, Acacia, Toyons, Madrones, or Privets.