Read through popular questions on this page and download the pdf file below for a more extensive list of questions.
+ How much do trees cost?
Between $15 and $75, depending on the tree species and size (see our Store for more details).
+ What types of trees are available?
We have 14 species of trees available ranging from 3ft to 10ft. NOTE: Height is measured from the bottom of the container to the top of the tree.
- Marina Strawberry Tree: 6’-8'
- Long leafed Yellowwood: 6’-8'
- Monterey Cypress: 5'-6' & 8'-10'
- Coast Redwood: 6'-8' & 8'-10'
- Southwestern White Pine: 3’-4’& 5'-6'
- Deodar Cedar: 3'-6’
- Juniper 'Wichita Blue': 5’-6'
- Italian Stone Pine: 3'-4' & 5'-6'
- Fat Albert' Blue Spruce: 3'
- Blue Spruce: 3'-4'
- White Fir 'Pride's Select': 3’
- Arizona Cypress: 3'-4'
- Carolina Laurel Cherry: 4'-6' & 6'- 8'
- Saratoga Sweet Bay 3'- 4'
+ How do I reserve a tree?
There are 2 ways to reserve your Living Holiday Tree:
- Order online
- Order in-person at our Community Nursery during regular open hours: Thursday thru Saturday, 9AM – noon.
NOTE: Trees are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. When we run out, we are out - Order yours today!
+ How do I order online?
- Read through these FAQs & Rental Agreement
- Go to our online store http://www.ourcityforest.org/holiday-rent-a-tree-store
- Choose a species and “Add to Cart”
- Fill out form and agree to terms.
- Add delivery service to cart, if you fit the criteria.
- Check out by clicking on the cart and pay with credit card.
- We will send a follow up confimation within 5-7 business days.
Pick-up & Delivery Questions
+ When can I pick up my tree?
Trees can be picked up during Open Hours at our Community Nursery beginning Thursday, December 1st until Satuuday, December 10th. Open Hours at our Community Nursery will be extended during these dates for pick-up: Thursday - Sunday, 9am - 3pm
+ Do you have any other pick-up locations?
Yes, we do in South San Jose. This year we will have a special opportunity for South San Jose residents to pick up their Living Holiday Tree at our new site located in the newly opened Martial Cottle Park. If this is interests you, please check the “I’m a South San Jose Resident...” box on the form when you purchase the tree. We will provide more details and pick up time after you’ve completed your reservation.
+ Do you deliver?
No, unfortunately we will not be able to deliver trees this year unless there is an order over 10 trees. If a participant wants to get 10 of their neighbors involved, we will be able to deliver to one place nearby. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.