Read through popular questions on this page and download the pdf file below for a more extensive list of questions.
+ How much do trees cost?
Between $20 and $85, depending on the tree species and size (see our Store for more details).
+ What types of trees are available?
We have 12 species of trees available ranging from 3ft to 13ft. Species are subject to change. NOTE: Height is measured from the bottom of the container to the top of the tree.
- Monterey Cypress: 9'-13'
- Coast Redwood: 8'-10'
- Southwestern White Pine: 4’-7’
- Deodar Cedar: 3'-5’
- Juniper 'Wichita Blue': 6'-7'
- Italian Stone Pine: 4'-6'
- Fat Albert' Blue Spruce: 3'-4'
- Blue Spruce: 3'-4'
- White Fir 'Pride's Select': 3’-5'
- Arizona Cypress: 3'-6'
- Carolina Laurel Cherry: 6'-8'
- Saratoga Sweet Bay 4'-6'
+ How do I reserve a tree?
There are 2 ways to reserve your Living Holiday Tree:
- Order online
- Order in-person at our Community Nursery during regular open hours: Thursday thru Saturday, 9AM – noon. Our team will help you pick out a tree, tag it with your name on it, and walk you through the online ordering system.
NOTE: Trees are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. When we run out, we are out - Order yours today!
+ How do I order online?
- Read through these FAQs & review the Rental Agreement which is downloadable as a pdf - click the green button on the left.
- Go to our online store http://www.ourcityforest.org/holiday-rent-a-tree-store
- Choose a species and “Add to Cart”.
- Fill out form that pops up, include your name, address of where the tree will be, email and phone number. You will type your name to agree to the terms written in Rental Agreement. Choose which date and time frame you will pick up your tree. This information is saved in your cart which appears on your screen in a black button.
- Shop for another tree if you want more than one OR check out by clicking on the black cart button that pops up on your screen. You will be taken to another window where you can confirm your order and “Check out”. You will be asked for your credit card billing information.
After the order goes through, you will receive a confirmation email. Our team will be in touch via email soon after.
If you have any problems with our online ordering system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-998-7337 x 122
+ I filled out the form, clicked add to cart, but it took me back to the screen with the tree I want. I don't think it went through because I still need to add my credit card info. Is there something wrong with the page or What do I need to do next?
The ordering system automatically stores your order in a cart, in case you want to purchase another tree. The cart button is black and should appear on the right side of your screen. It just floats there and can be missed if you weren't expecting it. Click on that button to proceed with credit card checkout. See screenshot for reference:
Pick-up & Delivery Questions
+ When can I pick up my tree?
When you order your tree, you will have to choose a date and window of time that you will pick up your tree. Trees can be picked up during Open Hours at our Community Nursery beginning Thursday, December 1st until Saturday, December 10th. Open Hours at our Community Nursery will be extended during these dates for pick-up: Thursday - Sunday, 9am - 3pm
+ Do you have any other pick-up locations?
Yes, we do in South San Jose. For South San Jose residents: We will have a special opportunity for you to pick up your Living Holiday Tree at our new site located in the newly opened Martial Cottle Park. You may choose a window of time to pick up your tree during the open hours at OCF’s site at Martial Cottle Park (OCF’s site is located off of Chynoweth Ave. across the street from 5428 Vauxhall Cir. San Jose, CA 95136). Pick up in South San Jose is only available Friday, December 9th and Saturday, December 10th, 9AM-3PM.
+ Do you deliver?
No, unfortunately we will not be able to deliver trees this year unless there is an order over 10 trees. If a participant wants to get 10 of their neighbors involved, we will be able to deliver to one place nearby. Email email@example.com for more details.