NOW HIRING! Intake Program Manager
We are seeking an Intake Program Manager to support Urban Forestry and Landscaping Field Programs by serving as the central point of contact for clients and new tree stewards.
This position will manage a team of 4 to 6 intake and client services coordinators in order to build relationships, focusing on efficient service-delivery, while communicating effectively with field project managers and arborists to ensure client satisfaction. This position will initially focus on developing a new turf conversion program and eventually manage the entire intake program.
● Develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients and stewards;
● Support and implement a customer relations management (CRM) programby using excellent customer and internal relationship skills and drive action plans to ensure a high level of satisfaction, retention, and referrals
● Support the client and steward intake process, while implementing mechanisms to streamline intake processing and project flow between the intake team and implementation teams;
● Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of clientand steward data through the use of excellent documentation, internal resource coordination and communication skills;
● Support scheduling of site assessments, and participate inproject estimating;
● Lead, facilitate and/or assist in the resolution of client/steward problems or concerns;
● Proactively present site enhancement ideas and servicesto existing clients and stewards;
● Regularly meet with clients and stewards to discuss new landscaping projects and past projects;
● Respond to industry and residents’ requests for quotes on nursery plants and coordinate pickups/ deliveries, inventory/availability reports, and open-to-the public staffing;
● Develop accurate estimates and material takeoffs for both new and existing clients as needed;
● Support design team and ensure customer expectations are met while making sure specifications do not exceed budgetary limits.
● Provide day-to-day supervision of coordinators who perform a variety of functions such as: processing stewardship applications; providing general customer service via phone, email, or in person; responding to inquiries for goods and services, scheduling and conducting estimates and site visits, staffing nursery open hours, maintaining the nursery sales inventory;
● Manage the delivery of goods and services, ensuring OCF quality standards are met;
● Communicate regularly with field managers and staff arborists to ensure that client/steward needs and expectations are consistently met or exceeded;
● Ensure financial goals are met by maintaining acceptable gross margins for contract work and ancillary services; report results to management;
● Participate in meetings, internal events and assist staff in overall leadership of the organization;
● Manage billing/invoicing for goods & services; maintain satisfactory Accounts Receivable levels;
● Other tasks and duties as assigned by Urban Forestry Director.
● Bachelors Degree in a relevant field;
● Two to four years of prior experience working at a non-profit in an office/administrative role or servicing customer/ client accounts in a gardening/ landscaping company, nursery or service industry, including 1 year in a lead /supervisory role;
● Client/ project coordination background and client/ account servicing experience; ability to lead client relationship development and client management;
● Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to collaborate with staff;
● Excellent leadership skills and ability to manage a team and ensure satisfactory performance;
● Familiarity with plants, trees, landscape horticulture and design; willingness to increase knowledge;
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Windows operating systems;
● Ability to positively represent OCF and maintain good client and community relations;
● Valid Driver’s License and clean record.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to the above):
● Proficiency in estimating and pricing ancillary goods and services and including maintenance;
● Strong Knowledge of CA Native and drought tolerant plants/ trees that are commonly used in landscaping including care requirements, pest/disease issues, and identification skills;
● Familiarity with the basic principles of landscape design and ability to articulate design ideas to potential clients in the field; ability to create basic landscape designs;
● Proficiency in Google Sketchup and/or CAD software;
● Familiarity with Filemaker Pro and/or databases, inventory management, CRM software;
● A passion and commitment to OCF’s mission and interest in environmental issues;
● Bilingual in Spanish.
● 40-hour full-time with medical benefits
● $40-$50k annual salary, depending on skills and experience
APPLY: To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to Ben Heistein at email@example.com