AmeriCorps Service Member Program Manager
Now Hiring! AmeriCorps Service Member Program Manager
The AmeriCorps Service Member Program Manager is a key full-time position reporting to the Our City Forest President & CEO, and is responsible for the grant administration duties of OCF’s AmeriCorps service member program.
This position is responsible for managing the administrative, recruitment, training and grant reporting aspects of Our City Forest’s AmeriCorps service member program. The Program Manager works closely with OCF staff and the granting agency to ensure compliance with AmeriCorps policies, agreements, performance criteria and reporting deadlines. In addition, the Program Manager leads member recruitment efforts, oversees enrollment procedures, ensures satisfactory completion of member service agreements, and arranges training opportunities.
- Manage the AmeriCorps grant process, advising the President & CEO of items including policy updates and program-related deadlines.
- Manage the recruitment of a diverse group of 40+ full-time service members.
- Coordinate with OCF staff to develop and implement an orientation and training plan.
- Provide ongoing administrative oversight of member activities and compliance with OCF and AmeriCorps policies and regulations including but not limited to: ensuring uniform dress code and professionalism standards are met, maintaining member personnel files; ensuring completion of national background checks; reviewing and finalizing timesheet and performance reports.
- Maintain various forms, documents and guidelines for members.
- Ensure timely program and policy communications and updates to all members.
- Ensure grant compliance with AmeriCorps provisions and regulations and coordinate the AmeriCorps semi-annual performance review and member feedback process.
- Review monthly grant reports, including financial and inform CEO of concerns.
- Communicate regularly with California Volunteers around program and member management.
- Attend annual California Volunteer Conference for training and updates.
- Participate in weekly meetings with OCF AmeriCorps member supervisors
- Work closely with OCF staff to understand program needs and member interests.
- Provide technical assistance and support to OCF staff and members to constantly improve the program, address issues, and optimize member retention and compliance with AmeriCorps policies, procedures and standards.
- Provide information and referral services for housing and other resources as needed.
- Develop and maintain an alumni network through regular communication to provide job search and professional development resources and support to current and past members.
- Oversee the promotion of service member opportunities and team building activities.
- Track service member hours and determine eligibility for graduation.
- Oversee creation of networking and social functions for service members.
- Oversee service member appreciation and recognition programs.
- Bachelor's degree required or at least three years equivalent full-time professional or administrative experience in human resources or nonprofit administration.
- Experience in grant writing and compliance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- At least two years of supervisory or volunteer management experience.
- Proficient in data management software and systems.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office applications.
- Experience in program management a plus.
- AmeriCorps experience a plus.
- Employment is conditional on the successful completion of a National Service Background Check including a Live Scan and FBI fingerprint check.
- Full-time: 40 hours/week
- Medical/dental/vision insurance benefits
- Annual salary negotiable based on experience - $42+K
To Apply: Email a cover letter with your minimum salary requirement, resumé, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Please write “AmeriCorps Program Manager” in the subject line. Thank you for your interest.